1.08.2017

Delightful Vacation Technicality

Even though, technically J I am on vacay, I found myself reading and researching; perhaps the true markings of a workaholic, or perhaps just an indication that doing what I enjoy most, is its own vacation.

One of the big frustrations in life is writing and thinking that no one cares, or that no one listening. Another is feeling that people have missed your point.

When I composed the cyberlaw big bang (http://stanza28.blogspot.com/2011/05/big-bang.html), about seven years ago, I was toiling in obscurity. Since then I have had the wonderful honor of being given a central role in the development of cybersecurity jurisprudence via my role at the American Bar Association, as immediate past chair of the Information Security Committee. Along the way I got to meet with incredibly sharp people from the intelligence community, the Assistant Attorney General For National Security, some nice people at the UN, deputy governors, all manner of legislators and Supreme Court Justices; not a bad way to spend the last seven years. J

The big bang was composed in a stream of thought, dreamlike, incoherent-ish writing fashion to reflect the state of cybersecurity at that time.

Good things come to those who wait, or so they say, and today I turn your attention to this great piece, written in part, by the PEOTUS’s pick to Chair the SEC:


On the issue of cybersecurity, the world is in the early stages of the Socratic Process.

Cheers, Gentlemen.  -MCC

No comments: