2.06.2008

Super Duper Fly

Referring to yesterday's voting bonanza, of course. They did not have my information at the polls, so I had to use a paper ballot. My neighbor said it best: Ouch!
I went to the polls with another neighbor who attempted to incite a riot by yelling, "I saw her ballot, she's voting for Bush!"
Uhm, next time, I am going alone.

Huckabee's success was not a surprise, the bible belt seems to love him. What did surprise me was the Latino vote.
Latinos constantly struggle with the dichotomy involved in consolidating diverse cultures to mobilize influence with the rest of America, and expressing displeasure at being treated as a monolith.
The Latino vote, however, was clearly for Senator Clinton. This means that Latinos from incredibly diverse backgrounds overwhelmingly supported this one particular candidate. Why?